Tuesday 20 October 2009

My portfolio design


- this was my concept design for my web-page, i chose a reasonably bright colour scheme and wanted my design to look something along the lines of a magazine cover.















So i started with this as my basic template of the actual web page.

I would have the design and title/name at the top of the page to generally make things look aesthetically pleasing.

in the lower box i would have some information about who I am and for example my strengths in my field and past experiences ect ect. And a picture of myself so they will have a good idea about who i am.








I am basing my idea for my layout on the website 'Twitter' because i like how simple it is and it is also very easy to navigate round that page as there isn't a lot of separate boxes with different actions.

I would replace the tweet area with the picture of myself and the information I will write about myself.




After putting together my ideas from the original designs i started with i created this background for my web page.

I have overlayed a lot of images ontop of each other in a scrapbook style using images which compliment each other and match the colour scheme that I chose.

The whole background is very simplicit but also has a lot of different aspects.









This is the mock up of what I intend my website to look like.

I tweaked the layout of the page to make it look tidier and generally simpler which compliments the background design around it.

The fact that the background has so many differnt images means that I won't have a very busy design inside so my page won't get too 'messy'.









This is my finished design of my portfolio homepage.

The header will act as a home button which will be displayed on all the other webpages the links send you to.

I have chosen bright coloured text to prevent them being lost in the surrounding design and help them stand out.

I have also chosen a very basic picture of myself so that viewers can get a good idea of what I look like and it also keeps in with the basic layout of the page.

It is also very easy to distinguish how to get onto other pages and what else I have added to the site (my links and contact information).

No comments:

Post a Comment